Skip to main content

Ardell Lash Extensions Review & Horror Story

Hey guys!
This week I will be reviewing Ardell cluster lash extensions. I was going to originally make a YouTube tutorial video on applying them and my experience, but my experience was rather short lived and well, not that great. So, I hope you find this blog helpful! Enjoy 😊




I've noticed that long lashes and lash extensions are super popular right now. You can get individual lash extensions done at a proper salon for around $150 bucks. No thanks. I thought that I would try out some do it yourself lash extensions at home. They aren't quite the same but get the same look. After doing some research, I found Ardell lashes on Amazon. I purchased the Ardell Duralash Starter Kit which includes 1 set of short lash clusters, 2 sets of medium lash clusters, 1 set of long clusters, precision tweezers, lash glue, and lash adhesive remover. I bought them for $9.99. I didn't think that they was that expensive because they're supposed to last for about a week and the kit included everything I needed. 


Apply the lashes at the root of
your original lashes.
I chose to apply only medium and short lash clusters. The medium was definitely pushing the more "natural" look I wanted to achieve. I definitely think I could've stuck with just the short lashes. I applied the medium clusters on the outer corner of my eye about until my pupil "ended" and then I applied short clusters until I was just a few centimeters away from the the inner corner of my eye. The eyelashes nicely transitioned and you couldn't tell a dramatic difference between the short and medium lashes. I applied about 10 clusters to each eye. And let me tell you- they were extremely hard to apply. It took me about 2 hours to get them all on. Talk about frustrating!! After I applied them I thought they looked pretty good but they were slightly uncomfortable. I couldn't rub my eyes, and if I shut my eyes really hard I could feel the hardened glue stabbing me. My right eye (the first eye I did) had some spots where it was slightly painful all the time (the glue must have attached wrong). I thought about taking them off immediately but I really wanted to try them out. 

I slept through the night and didn't lose any lashes-- they definitely stay on great! I did wake up in the middle of the night and contemplated taking them off because it was uncomfortable to have my eyes shut. I kept them on throughout the night. I woke up the next day, showered, applied foundation and I was good to go! It looked like I was rocking some really really great mascara.
BUT I couldn't wait to get through the day and take them off. They were really making me uncomfortable. I am one of those people who likes to be able to rub their eyes and touch their face without pain or worrying that I was going to tear lashes out. 

Fast forward 8 hours (24 hours after application)-- 
I was finally going to get these things off my eyes!!
I thought that this was going to be an easy process. I started out with coconut oil and I was rubbing and rubbing. Nothing was working. I tried some fancy Hawaiian oil. Nothing. I tried almond oil. Nothing. I tried holding a wet warm towel to my eyes. Nothing... At this point I was freaking out. How the hell was I going to get these things off?! 
I tried the Ardell adhesive remover. Still, nothing. I looked up blogs, YouTube Videos, anything that could give me advice on getting them off. 
I found a YouTube video where the lady used a small concealer brush with the Ardell adhesive remover and I tried that. Finally I was getting some of the lashes to loosen up a bit. But let me tell you, that's all they every loosened up. They never just "slipped" off as I saw in many tutorials. There was pain, pulling, and burning. The Ardell adhesive remover stings like sh$t if it gets in your eyes. I eventually just resorted to pulling on the easier ones until they finally gave. (At this point I was panicking because I was so uncomfortable and I didn't know how I was going to get them off, I also contemplated going to the hospital ha ha ha-- I'm a baby.) When I pulled off the false lashes it took a few off my real lashes with them everytime. And this isn't even the worst part--- after 3 hours of pulling and rubbing this toxic solution onto my delicate eyes I RESULTED IN CUTTING THE FALSE LASHES OFF. I used baby scissors and cut the lashes that the falsies were gripping to. OUCH OUCH OUCH X 100. Trust me, cutting them was better than ripping them out. I'd say I lost and damaged about 35% of my real lashes. I still have lashes and it doesn't look terrible but it was not worth it. It took me a total of 4.5 hours to get all of the lashes off. 

24 hours later, I am still in pain. My eye lids are raw. There is still glue stuck to my skin and my real lashes. This is an experience I will never forget and never put myself through again. I am really disappointed because I was super excited about these lash extensions. I will forever be grateful for the lashes I have and I will never take them for granted again. 

I wish that these lashes were easier to remove because then they may be worth it. I would've liked to wear them to events and such. They really did look natural and beautiful. It just wasn't worth 2 hours of application and 4.5 hours of painful removal.

I hope this blog was helpful to anyone reading! At least after such a terrible experience I can hopefully save some other peoples precious lashes! 


Thanks for reading!

-K

Use my referral link to get a $5 coupon at Amazon for signing into the Amazon App the first time: https://amazon.com/mpr?referralcode=KAYLA8470N&ref_=mpr_tr_ss


Popular posts from this blog

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!

Paragard IUD: Insertion