Skip to main content

Daiso Japan Charcoal Peel Off Mask

Hi Friends-
I am back to review a very hot product! I have seen several different brands but I went with Daiso because they are one of the more common ones and their products are easily accessible.
If you're like me you've probably seen those videos on Facebook of people peeling off all their blackheads with these cool black masks and you're like... I NEED THAT! Well, I tried it and I've got a lot to share! Read my unexpected experience with the Daiso Japan Charcoal Peel Off Mask below!💆🏼

Where to Buy & Pricing 
I bought this Daiso mask on Amazon for $7.20. There at 2.8 oz in the bottle, so I thought that was a pretty good deal (especially if it does everything it says it does!). Click here to go to Amazon and check it out.

Initial Thoughts & Packaging 
Well, the bottle looks exactly like it does on Amazon. Barely any English, black and white, and quite simple. I really wanted to know what the Japanese writing said all over the bottle. Here is the English claims the product makes- "Minimize pores by the power of charcoal" "Makes your face smooth and soft". It also has "Natural Pack" on it which I am not sure what that pertains to because from the list of ingredients there really doesn't seem to be anything natural in this product (hello parabens!). The packaging and lack of English was a little concerning but I was still going to try it! 

How to Use 
These are the directions on the back- "After cleansing your face, evenly apply on the nose area and let it dry for 10-15 min. If completely dried out, peel if off starting at the bottom, pulling toward the top. Do not use more than twice per week. For sensitive skin, apply facial essence before using, and slowly peel it off starting at the top toward the bottom." OK---- there are actual typos in the directions 🙀 
So, I cleansed my face. I applied the mask ALL OVER MY FACE, let it dry (15 mins), and peeled it off. 

Scent & Comfortability 
The mask has a clean scent. It's not too strong. I do like how it smells and it wasn't overwhelming. The mask wasn't itchy, it didn't sting, and I wasn't uncomfortable. UNTIL....

Did The Product Work?
Dear Lord Help Me God. I might as well have waxed my face... This hurt like hell. I should have only applied it to my nose, like the directions said. And I did have the courage to just apply it to my nose two weeks later- and it still hurt like hell. I have used the mask 3 or 4 times and I literally think I have seen 2 blackheads come out on it but a trillion of my precious peach fuzzes. If you would like to be hair free on your face then you could use this to wax your face. 
I beg of you if you have sensitive skin don't even try buying this product. If you have normal skin this product probably won't work for you either. 
I am sad this product didn't work I was hoping for that magical black mask to pull out my blackheads. 
Save yourself and just use Biore strips (those have always worked excellent for me)!


I hope this blog will save you some $$ and some peach fuzz. 

Thanks for reading!
XOXO

-K

❉   All reviews are my honest opinion and are not sponsored   


Popular posts from this blog

Benefit They're Real VS. Too Faced Better Than Sex

The ultimate mascara review! If you are even slightly a bit of a make up addict you probably have heard about both Benefit's They're Real and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I have tested them both out and feel confident I can give you an honest review on both of these mascaras. To be upfront I'll tell you that I prefer lengthening mascara, black black black mascara, non-waterproof, and a product that isn't going to smudge or flake off! I also bought these mascaras thinking that if I didn't like one or both of them I am definitely going to return them. Twenty some dollars is way too much money to spend on a product that doesn't work. So- here is how I tested the products: I wore all the mascara without any other eye makeup to determine smudging, flaking, etc. Day 1- I wore Too Faced Better Than Sex on both eyes Day 2- I wore Benefit's They're Real! on both eyes Day 3- I wore Too Faced on the left eye, Benefit on the right eye Day 4- I

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!