Skip to main content

Self Love & Doubting Yourself in Nursing School

Hi Friends- as I am getting deeper into the semester I seem to be doubting myself. Between a pile of assignments, intimidating professors, and being in my "last" semester I am feeling the anxieties take over. It seems like this semester I have way more assignments out side of class, way more things to do, and its been so hard to keep up with. I am constantly worrying if I will have everything done in time and if I forgot anything. My professor(s) this semester seem to be expecting A LOT out of us. Which, I can respect, but I feel as though I haven't learned the content which they are demanding yet. I am scared that my professor won't see me as the nurse I am trying to be because I am unconfident in my skills thus far. When I feel inferior to those around me I lose my voice. To be a good nurse, you have to have a confident voice. I am not sure why I am unconfident in my skills... I am still a student, but yet I am so close to graduating. I think the pressures of being a senior nursing student are scaring my subconscious.  Not only do I have to deal with being in school, I have to start thinking about applying for jobs, where I am going to live, where my boyfriend is going to work, etc. This is a very intimidating time. I hope as the semester progresses I gain more self-confidence with my nursing skills and I don't feel like this. I am sure I will learn a ton and it will all be fine, but right now I am struggling with doubting my abilities. (Side note: this is a rant, yes, I am feeling this way, but I know I will be a-ok.)

I am sure there are at least a handful of other nursing students out there who are feeling this exact way. I just thought it may be helpful to know you aren't alone, you will get through this, you know more than you think you do, you are smart, you are beautiful, and you will be a fantastic nurse. Keep calm, take it one day at a time. You will make it through, and one day when this is all over you will look back and realize how far you came. I know it's hard, I know you're in a time where you're scared. But don't lose your voice, study hard, be confident. You. Can. Do. This.

Thanks for reading!

-K

Popular posts from this blog

Benefit They're Real VS. Too Faced Better Than Sex

The ultimate mascara review! If you are even slightly a bit of a make up addict you probably have heard about both Benefit's They're Real and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I have tested them both out and feel confident I can give you an honest review on both of these mascaras. To be upfront I'll tell you that I prefer lengthening mascara, black black black mascara, non-waterproof, and a product that isn't going to smudge or flake off! I also bought these mascaras thinking that if I didn't like one or both of them I am definitely going to return them. Twenty some dollars is way too much money to spend on a product that doesn't work. So- here is how I tested the products: I wore all the mascara without any other eye makeup to determine smudging, flaking, etc. Day 1- I wore Too Faced Better Than Sex on both eyes Day 2- I wore Benefit's They're Real! on both eyes Day 3- I wore Too Faced on the left eye, Benefit on the right eye Day 4- I

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!