Skip to main content

Pargard IUD- Does It Get Better?



Hello ladies-
Here I am bringing you an update after my second cycle with the Paragard IUD. Please read my insertion story by clicking HERE. Andddd if you haven't checked it out please click HERE to read about my first period with the IUD.

OK! So- if you couldn't tell I am slightly over-dramatic (read my last IUD post). YES- my first period with the IUD SUCKED. It was so bad- so heavy, so crampy, so terrible. I was in tears- in pain- and confused about what I should do. Keep it or not? There were so many questions- would it get better? How long would it take? Will this be forever? And honestly, the only thing I could do was wait and see. Which sucked- because if I waited, and things didn't get better, I would have just wasted my time and been in pain.
BUT I waited... and let me tell you, things DO get better. My second cycle was easy! From the time my last period stoped to the time the second one started, I had no spotting! I had some mild cramping 3 days leading up to my period (compared to 3-4 days of mild cramping and light spotting before my period last time). My period was super heavy for 24 hours, other than that it was a pretty "normal" flow for me. Compared to the first period with the IUD, I'd say my blood decreased about 50% (yes, that's how terrible my first period was lol).
I figured out that last cycle, I was using my menstrual cup wrong, which is why it was leaking so much. I had no issues with my cup this time- and once again, it felt like I wasn't even on my period. The trick to using the cup is to put it in, run your finger around the outside of the cup to ensure it expanded, then pinch the bottom of the cup HARD. You should then feel it suction onto your vaginal walls. Ta-da, it's in place and shouldn't budge. Yay for no leaking!
My period lasted 6 days, which is amaze-balls (that's what it was before the IUD). The last day was spotting only. The only weird thing is, ever since my period ended I've been having cramps nearly every night for the past 5 days (only during the night, it's weird). Cramps with an IUD feel strange- they almost feel like they're in your vaginal/cervical area VS your uterus. It's very strange and painful. For cramps this time, ibuprofen did the trick. I took it whenever I needed it, which was pretty much every day on my period (yes, I took it every day but still my cramps were much better off meds). I don't like taking medications, but I am doing what I gotta do. Compared to last period, I could definitely go to work with how easy this one was.

So ladies, my advice to you is to do what you want. If you're coming here in hopes to find a reason to keep your IUD and give it another chance, I hope I helped answer some of your questions. In my experience it does get better. Having said that, my next period could be horrible again, we won't know until it happens. Hopefully things just keep getting easier. Best of luck to you and your uterus.
Follow me on Instagram- kaylarphelps.
Thanks for reading!

-K

Popular posts from this blog

Benefit They're Real VS. Too Faced Better Than Sex

The ultimate mascara review! If you are even slightly a bit of a make up addict you probably have heard about both Benefit's They're Real and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I have tested them both out and feel confident I can give you an honest review on both of these mascaras. To be upfront I'll tell you that I prefer lengthening mascara, black black black mascara, non-waterproof, and a product that isn't going to smudge or flake off! I also bought these mascaras thinking that if I didn't like one or both of them I am definitely going to return them. Twenty some dollars is way too much money to spend on a product that doesn't work. So- here is how I tested the products: I wore all the mascara without any other eye makeup to determine smudging, flaking, etc. Day 1- I wore Too Faced Better Than Sex on both eyes Day 2- I wore Benefit's They're Real! on both eyes Day 3- I wore Too Faced on the left eye, Benefit on the right eye Day 4- I

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!