Skip to main content

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser & Lotion Review: Best Product for Eczema Prone Skin

Hey Guys!

This week I will be talking about CeraVe Cleanser and Lotion. I have been using CeraVe for about 7 years. I was suggested to use it from my dermatologist because I have sensitive eczema prone skin. Through the years I mostly used the CeraVe lotion and used a very harsh “acne” cleanser. But for the last year or so I made the full time switch to solely using CeraVe cleanser and CeraVe moisturizer. I have noticed some great differences in my problem areas. Previously, I used to get terribly painful eczema rashes around my eyes (especially during the winter months). Since I have started using the cleanser & lotion together, I have developed no new eczema patches on my face… YAY! I use the CeraVe with my Clarisonic Mia. You can read more about that here. My only request from CeraVe is that they would come out with a product that had some “scrubbing” properties. ANYWAYS—you can read the rest of my review below!




CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin

Price- $9.38 for 12 oz. & ladies and gent’s a little goes a long way! This face cleanser should last you quite awhile (approx. 5-6 months at 2 washes per day/1-2 squirts per time). Compared to your normal Clearasil Ultra Face Wash at $6.97 for 6.78 oz., CeraVe is about 22 cents per ounce cheaper!

How to use & how I used it- You are supposed to use this cleanser just like any other facial cleanser. You can use this to cleanse your whole body if needed.
I use it once in the morning in the shower with my Clarisonic Mia or a charcoal facial sponge. And once at night with my Clarisonic Mia. I rely on it to take off all of my makeup (except eyes). I use approximately 1.5 pumps per wash. This cleanser is not foamy; it is very creamy. See my review on the Clarisonic Mia to see how I wash my face in more detail.

Smell & color- This product is odorless. It has a slightly white creamy color.

How well the product works- The product sufficiently gets my face clean without striping it of its natural oils. This will be very different for people who have been using harsh acne type cleansers. You may thing that your face isn't getting clean, but it is. It helps to calm my skin and not cause irritation. And best of all has cleared up my eczema 100% on my face. I would give it a 6.5/10 for acne treatment as it doesn’t have any acne medication in it. And a 9/10 for moisturization.

Likes- Helps with eczema, dry skin, and irritation. Product lasts a long time, you can use it with facial washing devices easily, odorless, and affordable.

Dislikes- Contains parabens.

Buy/use again?- YES! This product is a staple in my household and will be a life long product.

Ingredients
Purified Water, Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Glyceryl Monostearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

CeraVe Moisturizing Facial Lotion

Price- $12.97 for 12 oz. Similarly, to the facial cleanser, this product lasts a long time! I get about 6 months of use out of one bottle. It’s slightly more expensive than the cleanser, but 100% worth every penny.

How to use & how I used it- You are supposed to use this product just like any other lotion. You can use it on your whole body if needed.
I use this once in the morning after I shower and before I put my make up on. And then once at night before I go to bed after I have washed my face. I use about one full pump per time. I make sure that I get this onto my neck too.
My boyfriend uses this for his face and his body. It is definitely a product that works great for both men and women.

Smell & color-  This lotion is odorless and white in color.

How well the product works- This product works great. It is not too oily or thick. It doesn’t make my skin sticky, even on hot humid days. It is fully absorbed into my sin and doesn’t leave any residue. I have found that it doesn’t cause acne problems. It soothes eczema inflamed skin and helps with normal winter dryness. Definitely a great product for anyone with sensitive skin! I love how I can use it with any other facial products such as: acne creams, facial serums, etc.

Likes- Doesn’t cause the skin to be sticky, product lasts a long time, odorless, easy to use with makeup and other products, and helps with eczema.

Dislikes- Contains parabens.

Buy/use again?- YES! This product is a staple in my household and will be a life long product.


Ingredients
Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum


TIPS
  1. Apply CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer on your neck and face to create a more even skin tone and prevent wrinkles.
  2. Use CeraVe moisturizer on your whole body.
  3.  Go to cerave.com to find a coupon for $2.00 off any CeraVe product!


In March I will be taking a trip to Mexico & I will be trying out CeraVe sunscreen! I hope to do a review on that when I return from my trip :) 


Thanks for reading!

-K

Use my referral link to get a $5 coupon at Amazon for signing into the Amazon App the first time: https://amazon.com/mpr?referralcode=KAYLA8470N&ref_=mpr_tr_ss

Popular posts from this blog

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!

Paragard IUD: Insertion