Skip to main content

Cleansing Conditioner Reviews



Hi! My name is Kayla, welcome to my blog!
For about 7 months now I have been using cleansing conditioners and only cleansing conditioners for washing my hair. For those of you who don’t know, cleansing conditioners are a one step moisturizing shampoo. They are they consistency (depending on the brand) of a conditioner, but wash your hair like a shampoo. They do not lather though, and often times are paraben (ew) and sulfate free (yay!). I really enjoy the ease of only having one step to washing my hair in the shower. I have tried many brands and thought it would be an interesting idea to start a product review. As I continue to use cleansing conditioners, I will update my reviews. I hope you find this blog helpful! Please leave me any questions and/ or other brands I should try in the comments :) Thanks for reading!



As a background- my hair type is thin and semi- straight (some waves when air drying). I do tend to get very frizzy and dry hair. Although my hair is thin, I have a lot of it. I also have extremely long hair. I tend to blow dry and straighten my hair on a daily basis. I also do highlight (bleach) my hair (although I am trying to stop this!)  Hope this helps in choosing the right product for you :) 


Product
Price
Size
Paraben & Sulfate Free?
Overall Rating
Wen Pomegranate
$32.00
(Sephora)
16 fl. oz.
Yes
9/10
RenPure Rosemary Mint
$6.29
(Target)
16 fl. oz.
Yes
4/10
RenPure Coconut Crème Cleansing Pudding
$9.99
(Target)
16 fl. oz.
Yes
7/10
Herbal Essences Naked
$4.99
(Target)
16.9  fl. oz.
Yes
7.5/10
Herbal Essences Color Me Happy
$5.98
(Walmart)
16.9 fl. oz.
Yes
8/10
Pantene Damage Repair
$7.99
(Drugstore.com)
16.9  fl. oz.
Yes
8/10




























Wen Products-
I have tried several Wen scents, but they all work the same. I really like the Sweet Almond Mint and the Pomegranate. Wen is a great product. It has a great creamy consistency. After washing my hair, it feels clean but not dry. The Sweet Almond Mint leaves your scalp with a tingly sensation. I love how I don’t have any troubles brushing my hair right after showering, my hair tends to get very tangled when it’s wet. When using a blow dryer, my hair was significantly less frizzy and kept styled all day. When air drying, my hair stayed frizz free as well. My hair stayed fresh until the next time I showered. I found that I could wash my hair either everyday or every other day with this product—definitely a plus for oily type scalps! I did find that I had to use A LOT of this product on my hair… I got the 32 oz. bottle and it only lasted me for a little longer than a month. The reason I gave this product a 9 out of 10 is because of the price—it’s so expensive!! While it is the nicest cleansing conditioner I have ever used, I wish that it were more affordable.
*there has been some recent news about Wen products being linked to  hair loss and follicle damage... yikes! https://www.yahoo.com/health/plaintiffs-infomercial-product-made-our-hair-fall-150949876.html 

RenPure Rosemary Mint-
I found RenPure Rosemary Mint to be so so. It got the job done but it left my hair dry and hard to brush through when wet. It’s very very thin (almost watery) so you have to use a TON of it to cover your whole head. After getting out of the shower my hair felt like straw, but it was clean. I didn’t like to straighten my hair with this product because it was so drying. I did really enjoy the scent—I am a huge mint fan. I also didn’t have to wash my hair everyday with this product. All in all, I wouldn’t buy this product again—but it was worth a shot!

RenPure Coconut Crème Cleansing Pudding-
I really enjoyed RenPure’s Coconut Crème Cleansing Pudding. It was quite different than their Rosemary Mint cleansing conditioner. I LOVED the scent… it smells exactly like coconut cream pie… YUM! Its consistency was slightly more thick than the Rosemary Mint but still thinner than Wen products. The bottle lasted me for about a month. My hair was more dry than I was use to when using Wen, but it was a lot better than the Rosemary Mint. I could easily brush through my hair and style it as I normally do. I found this product at TJ Maxx, but I found that it was a lot more expensive online or else where. I bought it for around $5 at TJ Maxx (thanks, TJ Maxx). With this product, I definitely had to wash my hair everyday. In the mornings (when I usually shower) I would wake up and my hair would be oily looking at the scalp. I would definitely buy this product again, it was affordable and I really enjoyed the smell.

Herbal Essences Naked-
Herbal Essences Naked is very similar to Wen. Its consistency is very thick and creamy. I usually go through about a bottle a month. After getting out of the shower, I can brush my hair with ease and style it with no significant differences. The reason I gave this a 7.5/10 is because I wasn’t a fan of the smell, and it made my scalp extremely oily (causing me to shower everyday), and the price is fantastic. The smell is interesting… Its minty, but yet its sweet. Although this is my most bought product, I can never tell if I actually like the smell of Herbal Essences Naked. It’s just a really interesting smell. I think that this product made my hair oily because it was extremely creamy/moisturizing. All in all, I will continue to buy Herbal Essences Naked J definitely a great buy!! (I really wish that Herbal Essences would come out with more scents in the “Naked” line!)

Herbal Essences Color Me Happy-
This cleansing conditioner is safe on color treated hair J I really really really LOVE the scent (it’s like a flowery and sweet). Its consistency was similar to the Herbal Essences Naked but it’s slightly less thick…Which I actually liked (made the product last longer and helped with oiliness). Although I don’t deposit color into my hair (I bleach it), I found this product to work well for me. I will definitely buy it again (when I can find it… unfortunately its hard to find in stores). The price is great and the product lasted me about a month to a month and a half. The reason that I rated this product higher than Herbal Essences Naked is because of the smell and because it left my hair less oily for longer. Definitely a steal for a great product!

Pantene Damage Repair-
First off I would just like to say that I am not a fan of the Pantene brand. I use to use Pantene when I didn’t use cleansing conditioners. I realized after using cleansing conditioners, that my hair used to be SO DRY and looked a lot worse when I didn’t use them. I also think that Pantene always advertises for something that isn’t really relevant (like I am just trying to wash my hair I am not trying to reverse 2 years of damage in 30 days). While the Herbal Essences brand was out of stock, I decided to try Pantene’s cleansing conditioner. The bottle is almost identical to the Herbal Essences brand but the label is different. I have to say I really like this product! It has a great consistency, not to creamy and not to thick. The smell is minty and leaves your scalp tingling! Every time I use it I always think it smells like Christmas (haha). I can brush through my wet locks with ease. At this point I have only air-dried my hair and it gives it good volume but it is slightly frizzier than the other brands I have tried. I am hoping I can get away with washing my hair every other day. I definitely will buy this product again. I think Pantene’s Damage Repair is a tie with Herbal Essences Color Me Happy. The price is fair and it works like a charm!

Use my referral link to get a $5 coupon at Amazon for signing into the Amazon App the first time: https://amazon.com/mpr?referralcode=KAYLA8470N&ref_=mpr_tr_ss

Ingredient List:
Wen-
Water, Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Pomegranate Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomile Extract, Marigold Flower Extract, Wild Cherry Fruit Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Sweet Almond Oil, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Menthol, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Polysorbate-60, Fragrance, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Citric Acid.

RenPure Rosemary Mint-
Purified Water , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Cetyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , Behentrimonium Chloride , Argania Spinosa Kernel OilArgan , Hypnea Musciformis ExtractRed Seaweed , Gellidiela Acerosa ExtractRed Alga , Sargassum Filipendula ExtractBrown Seaweed , Helianthus Annuus Seed OilSunflower , Cocos Nucifera OilCoconut , Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf ExtractRosemary , Hydrolyzed Pea Protein , Psidium Guajava Fruit ExtractGuava , Butyrospermum Parkii OilShea , Sorbitol , Amodimethicone , Trideceth-12 , Cetrimonium Chloride , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Glycereth-26 , Silicone Quaternium-17 , Diazolidinyl Urea , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Glycerin , Disodium EDTA , Fragrance

RenPure Coconut Crème Cleansing Pudding-
Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Derived from Coconut Oil), Cetyl Alcohol (Derived from Palm Oil), Glyceryl Stearate (Derived from Palm Oil), Behentrimonium Chloride (Derived from Rapeseed Oil), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (Derived from Argan), Hypnea Musciformis Extract (Derived from Red Seaweed), Gellidiela Acerosa Extract (Derived from Red Alga), Prunis Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Derived from Sweet Almond), Moringa Oleifera Seed Oil (Derived from Moringa), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil (Derived from Sunflower), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Derived from Coconut), Cetearamidoethyl Diethonium Succinoyl Hydrolyzed Pea Protein, Butyrospermum Parkii Oil (Derived from Shea), Hydrolyzed Pea Protein (Derived from Keratin), Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract (Derived from Guava), Cocos Nucifera Extract (Derived from Coconut Milk), Amodimethicone, Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride (Derived from Palm Oil), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (Derived from Guar Bean), Glycereth-26 (Derived from Coconut Oil), Silicone Quaternium-17, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance

Herbal Essences Naked-
Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Sodium Chloride , Fragrance , Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract , Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil , Mentha Arvensis Leaf OilField Mint , Menthol , Sodium Citrate , Sodium Xylenesulfonate , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Sodium Benzoate , Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose , Citric Acid , Tetrasodium EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

Herbal Essences Color Me Happy-
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Passiflora Incarnata Fruit Extract (Passion Fruit Extract), Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthol, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Oil (Field Mint), Fragrance, Glutamic Acid, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Zinc Pyrithione, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Yellow 5

Pantene Damage Repair-
Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Glutamic Acid, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Zinc Pyrithione, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Popular posts from this blog

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!

Paragard IUD: Insertion