Skip to main content

Nature's Gate Glow Lotion Review

Hey guys!
This week I will be reviewing Nature’s Gate Glow Lotion for medium skin tones. This product is comparable to the Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer or other self tanning lotions.


The Nature’s gate formula contains no parabens, no phthalates, no petroleum, no synthetic fragrances, and is cruelty free, and is also vegan. I find a little more comfort using this self tanner versus some of the other ones on the market because I think it is better quality and has better ingredients. So, if you are looking for a more natural way to bronze your skin look no further!

Price- $8.98 for 16 oz. on LuckyVitamin.com. I haven’t found this product in stores but you can buy it on Amazon, iHerb, LuckyVitamin, and PureFormula. Jergens usually runs for around 6-8$ for 7.5 fl. oz. In proportion, these products are about the same price if not the Nature’s Gate is a better deal.


How to use & how I used it- You apply this just like any other self tanner or lotion. You need to apply smooth even layers to avoid uneven color in certain areas. You should apply onto dry skin and allow the product to dry for several minutes before applying clothing.
I applied this product after the shower, all over the body. It was hard to get even layers over my back and around my feet & wrists so be extra careful there! You may need help. I didn’t use this product on my face because I have really sensitive skin, but I tried my best to have a smooth transition from my neck to my face.
Also, make sure you wash your hands after applying!! You will get orange fingers… YUCK!

Smell- You know how self tanning lotions always have sort of a weird smell to them? Well this product is no different. It has less of “that smell” compared to Jergens, but it is still there. I am not a fan of “that smell”, but I don’t mind it if the product works!

How well the product worked- I think that this product worked just as well as the Jergens self tanning lotion BUT I would prefer the Nature’s Gate over that one because it has better ingredients. I personally don’t like using lotion, so I felt like this product was “trapping” my skin (but I feel that way about regular lotion). I felt as though this product contributed to moisturizing my skin. As for the tanning properties, this lotion works! I have a medium/light skin tone (depending on the time of year), and I felt like the medium worked perfectly for me in the Fall and Spring. I do have some eczema patches, and it does discolor them and give them an orangey hue. The area’s that I found got orangey and not smooth looking were: my ankles/feet, my hands, and my chest. I think that this was more personal error than product error! So, just make sure you smooth those areas out really well! I give this product a 9/10.

Likes- Subtly made my skin tone darker, easy to apply, moisturizing, great price.

Dislikes- Smell.

Buy/use again?- Yes! I will definitely continue to use this product in the Summer, Fall, and Spring! I would buy the one for lighter skin tones for the Winter because it would look more natural for my skin type.  

Use my referral link to get a $5 coupon at Amazon for signing into the Amazon App the first time: https://amazon.com/mpr?referralcode=KAYLA8470N&ref_=mpr_tr_ss



Ingredients

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Dihydroxyacetone, Cetyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Algae Extract, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopherol, Lauryl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sclerotium Gum, Lecithin, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.*

Popular posts from this blog

Benefit They're Real VS. Too Faced Better Than Sex

The ultimate mascara review! If you are even slightly a bit of a make up addict you probably have heard about both Benefit's They're Real and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I have tested them both out and feel confident I can give you an honest review on both of these mascaras. To be upfront I'll tell you that I prefer lengthening mascara, black black black mascara, non-waterproof, and a product that isn't going to smudge or flake off! I also bought these mascaras thinking that if I didn't like one or both of them I am definitely going to return them. Twenty some dollars is way too much money to spend on a product that doesn't work. So- here is how I tested the products: I wore all the mascara without any other eye makeup to determine smudging, flaking, etc. Day 1- I wore Too Faced Better Than Sex on both eyes Day 2- I wore Benefit's They're Real! on both eyes Day 3- I wore Too Faced on the left eye, Benefit on the right eye Day 4- I

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!