Skip to main content

L’Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream Review

Hey Guys! This week I will be reviewing L’Oreal BB Cream. I have been looking for a BB cream to simplify my make up routine and save some money. For those of you who read my BareMinerals foundation review, you know that I really enjoy using their make up. I plan on using a BB cream on the days I don’t have much to do and I need to get ready quickly in the morning. I will still use BareMinerals when I want a full coverage look for events and such. While searching the internet for BB creams that would be worth buying, I noticed that L’Oreal’s Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream was practically on every list. So, for starters I decided to try it out! I noticed at just about every store I looked it was sold out. Luckily, I finally found it at my local Walmart!



 My skin type is combination. I get very oily around my forehead, nose, and cheeks. I am dry around my mouth. I heard that this BB cream stays on well and controls oil well!


Price

$7.16 for 1 oz. at Walmart. If you visit L’Oreal’s website, you can also get $3.00 off any facial product when you take one of their quizzes. So, I got this make up for $4.16- an absolute steal! The bottle is quite small so I am not sure how long it will last.

How I used it

I applied as small amount onto my fingers and rubbed in an even layer all over my face. The product comes out white and then blends into your skin. I applied two layers over my cheeks because I didn’t feel like I was getting enough coverage. I wanted to use a beauty blender but I wasn’t sure how a white product would blend with the beauty blender. Once all of it was on I smoothed it out with my beauty blender (especially around my hairline and neck). I didn’t use any sort of primer or setting powder with this make up.

Initial thoughts

I thought that the make up was a lot more watery than I was expecting. It applied nice, but I could instantly notice it was slightly too orange for my skin tone. I was surprised because I got it in shade light. I also noticed that it didn’t cover much. I still could see my thread veins in my cheeks and a few blemishes. The finish of the make up was between natural and dewy. Looking at pictures of it I think it looks too shiny. I can feel that the product is a little sticky or tacky after application. I am writing this a half an hour later and can still feel the tackiness to the make up which is quite irritating to my skin. Also, I found the smell of this make up to be terrible. Initially- I am not loving this product :(

8 hours later

 This was more like 7.5 hours later because I needed to get this stuff off of my face!! The BB cream has stayed on pretty well. I feel like it wore off around my mouth the most. But it’s hard to say because it had light coverage to begin with. The make up did do a great job controlling oil. I found that my skin stayed consistently the same in the whole 7.5 hour period which was great! For some reason my skin is NOT responding well to this make up. I am itchy all over my face and neck where I applied it.

Overall thoughts

I had such high expectations for this make up! All the blogs and reviews I read had nothing but great things to say. Obviously from everything above I did NOT enjoy really anything about this makeup. Read below to see specifically what I liked and didn’t like.

Likes

Cute packaging, stays on well, make skin soft (initially), and helps control oil.

Dislikes

 Orange tint, poor coverage, watery consistency, sticky/tacky, smells bad, and makes me itchy!

Buy/use again

No way. I will not be buying or using this product again. I am going to try to return it and get my money back!

Keep in mind that this is my personal reaction towards the make up and this make up may work well for others, but it didn’t work well for me :(

Thanks for reading!

-K
Use my referral link to get a $5 coupon at Amazon for signing into the Amazon App the first time: https://amazon.com/mpr?referralcode=KAYLA8470N&ref_=mpr_tr_ss




Popular posts from this blog

Benefit They're Real VS. Too Faced Better Than Sex

The ultimate mascara review! If you are even slightly a bit of a make up addict you probably have heard about both Benefit's They're Real and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I have tested them both out and feel confident I can give you an honest review on both of these mascaras. To be upfront I'll tell you that I prefer lengthening mascara, black black black mascara, non-waterproof, and a product that isn't going to smudge or flake off! I also bought these mascaras thinking that if I didn't like one or both of them I am definitely going to return them. Twenty some dollars is way too much money to spend on a product that doesn't work. So- here is how I tested the products: I wore all the mascara without any other eye makeup to determine smudging, flaking, etc. Day 1- I wore Too Faced Better Than Sex on both eyes Day 2- I wore Benefit's They're Real! on both eyes Day 3- I wore Too Faced on the left eye, Benefit on the right eye Day 4- I

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!