Skip to main content

BareMinerals Original Powder Foundation Review

Hey Guys!
This week I will be reviewing BareMinerals Original Foundation! I’ve been using this product for about a year. I love this product. I miss the drug store foundation prices, but this foundation really creates a flawless look! BareMinerals claims to promote clearer, healthier looking skin. It has SPF 15 in it which is always a plus! It’s perfect for that “no-makeup look”! I hope you enjoy my review :) 





Price
$28.50 at BareMinerals.com and Ulta.com. I have purchased this on Amazon.com and noticed that certain colors are cheaper than others! It may be worth to check it our there.

I know what you’re thinking… “30$ for foundation is a little steep” … You’re right, but you definitely pay for better quality. This product lasts for a long time! I purchased the 8 g (large) and it lasts for approximately 5-6 months. Depending on how much you use, and how often you use it, this make up could last you a long time.

How I used it
I use this product nearly everyday. I use it generally after I shower and wash my face. I first apply CeraVe lotion, you can read my review for that here. I don’t use this make up with any primer. I have tried using BareMinerals primer as well but I found that it clogs my pores. I don’t think that this foundation needs primer for everyday use. It stays on very well! I use this make-up with the BareMinerals Flawless Face brush. I have tried to use it with other brushes but it doesn’t apply like it does when paired with this brush. It’s definitely worth buying the brush too.

First, I pour some of the powder into the cap of the container. I dab my make up brush into the powder making sure I get a good amount of the powder onto the brush. Depending on how heavy I want to apply my make up, I will tap the brush to get some of the make up off. Then I apply the make up starting on my cheeks. I apply it in circular motions “buffing” it into my skin. Ta-Dah! Easy enough.

You can use this foundation with other products like: primer, concealer, blush, bronzer, etc. I don’t normally use any of these day-to-day.

How well the product worked
See for yourself below! I think that this product works great. It covers my acne, redness, large pores, and imperfections. I have several noticeable red spots (from picking my face :( ) that don't 100% disappear, but I think that that is part of the natural look.The make-up itself stays on for majority of the day; by the end of the day I can notice some wear. When used with primer, I think the makeup would last longer. I do notice at the end of the day I am oily looking. I am not sure if that is because of the make up or if that is because of my skin type. I think the “natural” look of the make up is the best part. It really does look like I am not wearing any make up but it does give me a little added "glow". It doesn’t get cake-y or build up. I love how fast it is to apply in the mornings. 


*The picture shows BareMinerals Original Foundation in Medium. No primer, concealer or any other products were used. 

Likes
Makes skin soft and flawless, covers imperfections without building up, looks very natural, product lasts for approx. 5 months, doesn’t clog pores, and easy to apply.

Dislikes
Expensive, need to purchase expensive brush to apply it with, skin gets oily, and make up wears off by the end of the day.

Buy/use again?
I will definitely continue to use BareMinerals Original Foundation. I want to start trying some drug store brands to find a cheaper alternative. I definitely think that this product is worth it but I can't help to want to get something cheaper!

Tips & Tricks
The Flawless Face brush isn’t flawless. Unfortunately, it sheds like a dog. It can be quite annoying. The little coarse hairs will be all over my make up bag, clothes, and face. I have learned to deal with it. It may be worth buying one of BareMinerals newer brushes like the Seamless Buffing Brush.

Go to BareMinerals.com and purchase a starter kit. This is how I first discovered this foundation. I purchased the Get Started Kit with Club Membership for $29.98. It includes 1 small powder foundation, 1 small bronzer, 1 small mineral veil, 1 small concealer, 1 small mascara, 1 stroke of light brightener, and the flawless face brush. It’s really worth it to try all of their products for very cheap. I will be honest and say that I cancelled my membership after one month because I just wanted to sample their products (I’m bad, I know). Now I just purchase what I want at Ulta!

If you’re having trouble picking out which color would look best for your skin tone BareMinerals.com has some quizzes. Also, at BareMinerals stores you can get a consultation for your skin tone. Also, if you’re looking to try out the make-up, purchase it from Ulta. Ulta’s return policy is great!!!

If you want to know more about: BareMinerals Lash Domination mascara, Stoke of Light brightener, Correcting Concealer, Faux Tan Bronzer/Color, Mineral Veil powder, Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss, or Prime Time primer comment below! I have tried all these products and would love to share my experience with you.

Ingredients in BareMinerals Original Foundation:
Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 25%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides


Thanks for reading!

-K

Use my referral link to get a $5 coupon at Amazon for signing into the Amazon App the first time: https://amazon.com/mpr?referralcode=KAYLA8470N&ref_=mpr_tr_ss

Popular posts from this blog

Benefit They're Real VS. Too Faced Better Than Sex

The ultimate mascara review! If you are even slightly a bit of a make up addict you probably have heard about both Benefit's They're Real and Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara. I have tested them both out and feel confident I can give you an honest review on both of these mascaras. To be upfront I'll tell you that I prefer lengthening mascara, black black black mascara, non-waterproof, and a product that isn't going to smudge or flake off! I also bought these mascaras thinking that if I didn't like one or both of them I am definitely going to return them. Twenty some dollars is way too much money to spend on a product that doesn't work. So- here is how I tested the products: I wore all the mascara without any other eye makeup to determine smudging, flaking, etc. Day 1- I wore Too Faced Better Than Sex on both eyes Day 2- I wore Benefit's They're Real! on both eyes Day 3- I wore Too Faced on the left eye, Benefit on the right eye Day 4- I

Marilyn & Daddy-O by LUSH Review

This week I will be reviewing two products from LUSH Cosmetics. LUSH is a mostly natural, handmade, organic cosmetic store. If you've ever been to one of their stores you know they are addicting! They create anything from henna hair dye to perfume. It's pretty cool, the only downfall is that most of their products are pretty expensive!

Nursing School 101: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go

Hey guys! This week I won’t be doing a product review. I am going to write about my experience with nursing school. I hope that this blog helps anyone who is going, looking, or dreaming about going through nursing school!   Before I started nursing school I was really curious about it and searched the internet for videos and blogs. I’ve noticed that a lot of nurses and nursing stories online (and in real life) are very negative. I found this to be really depressing and I questi oned if I did the right thing by switching my major. I decided that I was going to have a positive mindset and enjoy the process. I hope that this blog leaves you with a better understanding and a positive mindset before you head off to school!